our children matter!
- This campaign is about helping to assure a quality education for all our children, assuring that our children can attend safe, effective, and technology-supported schools.
- We need to provide additional educational choices for our families and students, and improve the facilities in which our students learn.
- We must attract and retain qualified school staff, with salaries that are competitive with those in comparable professions and involve all District staff in the decision-making process, drawing upon their various areas of expertise and knowledge.
- We need to provide quality educational opportunities for students that are college-bound, and for those students who desire a Career and Technical Education (CTE). - but not at the expense or loss of the arts / sports.
- We must offer advanced learning opportunities at every school and grade-level.
- We need to enhance our Special Education and Gifted programs.
- We need to provide families an opportunity to choose where to best meet their children’s individualized needs: whether within their neighborhood schools, or in separate specialized programs.
Parent and Community Involvement
- We need to support strong Parent-Teacher-Student Associations and School Community Councils that are partners in developing quality education systems for our children. We need to foster and support volunteerism.
- We need an open Board and administration that listens to parents, teachers and students, taking into consideration the voters’ concerns and issues in their decisions.
- We need to support and encourage parent involvement in their children’s education - to encourage community engagement and better use of our neighborhood schools.
- We must closely monitor the expenditures of the School Bond Funds to assure they are spent on projects as promised in a financially responsible manner.
- We must maximize our tax dollars by developing partnerships with business, government and educational entities to assure no duplication of services.
- We need to be fiscally conservative in our use of public funds, assuring that each dollar is spent most effectively.
- We must live within our budget limitations, with an appropriate -sized District Administration.